Seminar & Workshops
Hi-Tech engineering college has tie ups with few reputed companies like Expert Solutions, EMC2 Academic Alliance and Next-Sapients for effective penetration of updated technology among students. Students get exposure by having hands-on experience on live projects, industrial visits etc.
It focuses on:
- Organizing seminars and workshops in the emerging areas of Science and Technology
- Identifying thrust areas for research and consultancy
- Industrial visits for students and faculty
- Imparting in-plant training to students and faculty at industries
Next Sapients, a project of Nanotech marketing Pvt. Ltd. organized an International Robotic competition named Next Sapients International Robotics and Intelligent Systems Competition 2009 which started in January 2009 and Final competition will be conducted in Month of October 2009.
The goal of this competition is to foster within the student community a better understanding of Robotics and Intelligent Systems. A workshop was organized on Hi-Tech campus in this concern which comprised of RoboChamp workshop open for all students to participate. This was a three day workshop which broadened the vision of students on the field of robotics. The successful completion of this demonstrations inspired students form a Robotics Club where they developed robots like Ball Follower Robot using Image processing (via Matlab), Autonomous Line follower Robot, Autonomous Object follower Robot, Autonomous Obstacle avoidance Robot, GSM Control Robot, Sensor Interfacing and calibration, Making Metro Train Prototype, P.C. control Robot, Autonomous Sumo Fighting Robot. More than 100 students are associated with this club.
Next Sapients also held Inter College Robotic competition where teams from various schools participated. 10 students participated in the competition from Hi- Tech.
There have been seminars by:
- Mr. Sushil Chandra, Researcher, DRDO, was invited to talk to students of CS, IT and EC degree program on embedded systems and demonstrate the role of embedded systems & IT in BioMedical engineering.
- Mr. Apoorv Sen, ST Microelectronics was invited to talk on Real Time Embedded Systems.
- Mr. Kapil Garg, Thinkware Solutions, Noida, held a seminar to introduce students to research in VLSI/Embedded Systems.
- Mr. Avinash Mohanty, Sun MicroSystems, Bangalore was invited to speak to CS and IT students on newer technologies and certifications to inspire students to get technically certified.
- Mr. Amit Rawat, EMC2, Delhi, was invited to speak on the upcoming and demanding field of Information Storage Management. This was open for IInd and IIIrd year students of B. Tech degree program.
- Mr. Garvit Kumar, CEO, Next Sapients, was invited to speak to students on Robotic technologies & its applications.
- Mr. Karan held a seminar to impart knowledge on Robotics workshop and competition organized by Next Sapiens at Hi-Tech.
- Mr. Sandeep Kumar, CAD-Centre, Noida held a seminar on AutoCad & PRO-E for ME degree students.
- Hewlett Packard held a seminar on Trends in IT Industry for CS, IT and EC degree students.
- Ms. Priyanka Singh, V Serve Technologies, held a seminar on Corporate Interaction B2B &B2C Portals for MBA students.
- Advait Life Education & HI TECH Institute welcomed the guests of SAMVAAD, a discussion between industry reps and future employees. The guests were Mr Raj Kumar Singhal, Co Founder and CEO of Brickred Technologies, Mr Vijay Sharma, General Manager, Advocacy and Communication with FXBINDIASURAKSHA and is a communication specialist, Mr. Amit Manchanda, alumini of Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology working as software engineer with Agnity, Mr. Navodit. The discussion was on the future prospects in industry in this time of recession for jobs and for entrepreneurship. It involved an open discussion and questionnaire round between students of every degree program and the speakers.
- Mrs. Deepti Garg, Head Training & Placement, Hi-Tech Institute of Engineering & Technology, held a resume writing seminar for writing professional resumes.
- Mr. Mohit Sharma, Genpact, held a 3 hour interactive seminar on How to make good Presentations open for all degree programs.
Industrial Visits are held regularly amid semester for strengthening Industry-Institute-Interaction at external level. Besides, students are guided by faculty members for detailed survey before visiting any industry and then submission of report about skills and culture witnessed on their campuses. The industries visited by our students in were:
- Central Workshop of DTC, Okhla, New Delhi
- Dynamic Institute of Automation and Control, Patparganj, New Delhi
- NTPC, Dadri
- BSNL, Ghaziabad
- ASSOMAC Machines Ltd, Ghaziabad
- Rajendra Gears
- Next Sapients
- NTPC, Badarpur